If you have every used an aerosol dry shampoo and gotten poor results, powder dry shampoo is the solution for you! Read why powder dry shampoo is so much better for you here.
Of course, you want to start with a good product. Avoid powder dry shampoos that contain talc, artificial fragrance, and other potentially dangerous ingredients.
The best way to apply powder dry shampoo is with an applicator brush.
One with dense, short bristles like this one will keep the product from going everywhere--wasting your $$ and getting "snow" on your shoulders.
1. Apply at your roots. Start in 1" to 2" sections. Using your applicator brush, get some powder on your bristles (not too much!). Then apply in a dabbing motion at your scalp.
2. Distribute product. Your fingertips are the best tool for this job. Using very clean hands, shoosh it up. Put your fingers on your scalp and tousle your hair. Do this anywhere you applied product. Do this until there are no more powdery spots.
3. Brush and/or style your hair. You're good to go! By this step, you should have soft, voluminous, touchable hair. Leave it down or try one of those fancy Pinterest braids.
If you are used to the spray stuff, the powder kind can be an adjustment. Here are some tips to avoid that powdery look...
- If you can, apply the night before. Applying dry shampoo before your hair gets oily will make a huge difference. While you're getting your Z's, the powder will absorb any scalp oil as it happens. When you wake up, you will have a head of voluminous, fresh hair.
- Apply daily. The first application will be the heaviest. Every application after that until your next wash, will most likely only be a touch up. You may find that your hair looks even better the second, third(, seventh?) day.
- Apply near, but not on your part line. If you don't have time to let the product set in, apply near, but not on any parts of you hair that will show. This will keep you from looking like you just dumped a bucket of powder on your head.
The hair gurus here at Daily Dry Shampoo really hope that you get the most out of your powder dry shampoo experience. If you have any questions at all, pop a question below or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org